Employer: Western Trails Charters and Tours, LLC
Location of Employment: 785 South Railroad Ave, Rexburg, ID 83440
Position Title: Transportation Safety Compliance Officer
- Ensure safety compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations including driver qualifications, equipment compliance, and driver log auditing.
- Assist, plan, implement and ensure compliance with local, state and federal safety rules and regulations including Federal Motor Coach Safety Act (FMCSA) 49 CFR Parts 300-399, American Disability Act (ADA) 49 CFR Part 17, Drug and Alcohol Regulations 49 CFR Part 40.
- Create and maintain federal, state, and local health and safety reports including OSHA 300 and Accident Reports using MS Office including Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Maintain safety files and records.
- Develop, manage, and monitor DOT required safety programs.
- Assist in the development, evaluation, and upgrading of safety programs.
- Inspect facilities to detect existing and potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective and preventative measures, and follow up to ensure corrective and preventative measures have been implemented.
- Prepare Monthly Safety Scorecard.
- Perform safety inspections and surveys, prepare written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventative measures.
- Conduct post-accident investigations and prepare reports identifying possible accident causes and hazards.
- Develop qualification processes for drivers, including contracts, files and orientations.
- Document driver training in internal training tracking system.
- Train and educate, drivers using Motorcoach electronic tracking tool.
- Liaise with Company’s Safety and Operations Department.
- Act as a liaison between dispatcher and drivers to troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to driver issues and concerns.
- Identify of Key Performance Indicators based on accidents, injuries, unsafe behaviors, miles, vehicles, and hours.
Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Automotive Management, or closely related field.
Experience required: 2 years’ experience as Safety Compliance Officer.
- 2 years’ experience as Safety Compliance Officer must be in a transportation field.
- Demonstrable knowledge of FMCSA 49 CFR Parts 300-399, ADA 49 CFR Part 17, Drug and Alcohol 49 CFR Part 40.
- Demonstrable ability in the use Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrable ability using Motorcoach electronic tracking tool.
- Must have ability to pass a drug test and a criminal background check.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as needed.
Work Schedule: Full Time.
Travel Requirements: Domestic travel up to 14 times per month up to 3 days per trip.
To Apply: To apply, send resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify “Transportation Safety Compliance Officer Opening” in subject line. Only qualified applicants need apply. Do not apply if you are an H-1 or F-1 visa holder, or if you otherwise require employer sponsorship to obtain U.S. employment authorization. Do not apply if you are not eligible to be employed in the U.S. This is a full-time employment situation. Applications from companies or individuals intending to be independent contractors will not be considered.